Monday, February 7, 2011

"I love you Fiona"




I was excited to find this old copy of Mary Poppins because I've always had a soft spot for the movie. But the best part is the declaration of ownership ("Fiona") in orange marker on the cover and the endearing childish scrawl ("I love you Fiona") on the first page. This treasure really encapsulates one of my favourite things about vintage-- discovering the unique details of a particular item. Our latest haul has been especially fruitful in quirky details.


1. These tiny leather booties bear the unfortunate brand name of "Pussyfoots". But aren't they are insanely adorable? And even more so when you imagine a cat wearing them?


2. I love this dress. I love stripes, I love pleats, I love 100% cotton. But mostly I love the fact that there is a little ladybug button that is sewn in the centre of the bodice; a tiny friend for the lucky kid that gets to wear this.


3. If a happy childhood were a sweater, i bet it would be hand-knit and cream-coloured with a hood and wooden buttons. Looks like little GONZALEZ - L really hit the jackpot.

(As always, all of these and more can be found at Penny Arcade)

1 comment: