Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Two Princes



With the advent of William and Kate's nuptials I thought I'd indulge my inner anglophile with some pics of Harry and Wills as littles. I don't know if it's just the 80s styles, or if they actually look like normal kids in these photos. You know, just palace dwelling, pony-riding normal kids. But they also look like they stepped out of a storybook with their old-fashioned rompers and Christopher Robin-esque mary janes.

For those of you with a little prince of your own, we have a pair of red Osh Kosh overalls in store that could be the very ones that Harry is wearing below.









I had to include this picture of Diana on a visit to Japan. Moms, can we all start putting knee-socks on our little boys again? Thanks.


Images from Prince William (1984) by Trevor Hall and In Private - In Public: The Prince and Princess of Wales (1986) by Alastair Burnet.

3 comments:

  1. Lindsay I love your conversational writing style. Great post. I wonder if Katie and Carl would object to me putting knee socks on Darius?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, knee socks on a ninja? Hasn't been done before, but really its up to him. Darius dresses himself now most days - that's why hes always in camo shorts and his red "infant terrible" t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks auntie juli! and katie, i think you should insist on the knee socks to protect his little ninja legs

    ReplyDelete